Before registering an email account, you need a domain name. If you don’t have a domain, register one using this guide. Then proceed to this guide.
Domain Activation in Google apps
- First go to Google apps free. Register your domain name and an account.
- After registering you will be redirected to Google apps dashboard. It will ask for “How would you like to set up Google Apps?“. Select Go custom.
- Now select Dashboard from the menu.
- Select Activate Domain name.
- Select Alternate methods. Click on Add a meta tag to your site’s home page
- Copy the meta tag which will look like this
<meta name="google-site-verification" content="rBMxP1Rne3BSCWMOnE6Dd62a9JkbZ3ha6-a408hine0" />
- Don’t close Google apps window. Take a new tab in your browser, now Login to your Blogger account, select your blog. Take Template> Edit HTML > Proceed
- Paste the copied meta tag to your template just below head. After this it will look like this
<head><meta name="google-site-verification" content="rBMxP1Rne3BSCWMOnE6Dd62a9JkbZ3ha6-a408hine0" />
- Now Click on Save Template.
- Take Google apps and click on Verify button. Now your domain is verified by Google apps.
- Go to your Blogger account, take Edit HTML from Template and delete the above meta data content used for verification. It is no longer useful.
Email set up
- First select Gmail from sidebar of Google Apps and select Set up Gmail.
- Select Gmail servers for How do you want to route your mail. Click Next
- Select your domain host as other. Then proceed by clicking Next.
- Now Go to your Domain hosting website and take DNS management. Add following MX records by going to MX Records in your DNS management.
- Priority:1 Value: ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
- Priority: 5 Value: ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
- Priority: 5 Value: ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
- Priority: 10 Value: ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.
- Priority: 10 Value: ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.
Set any value in TTL and Zone should be null.( i.e., only yourdomain.com without www)
- Wait for sometime(up to 48 hours) to update MX records. You can check this in Google apps dashboard.
- After updating, you can click on Email and access your mail at your domain name. Address for logging in to your Email account will be https://mail.google.com/a/yourdomain.com